Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Welcome & Thanks for Joining Me!!!

I am excited to get started on this SAL.  Thank you all for wanting to stitch these little blocks and a big thanks to Brooke for designing them! 

These can be stitched individually or all together.  The vision of these blocks as Brooke designed them was to be stitched in rows of 5 leaving Z on the bottom with room on either side for The Stitcher's Alphabet and a Name and Date. 

Each letter block is 31 x 36 stitches. We are stitching this piece over two treads on a 28 count Tea-Dyed Monaco by Charles Craft (Fabric measures 24 x 30). I am stitching it with 6 stitches separating each block. Of course, finished dimensions will vary depending on fabric count and placement of the blocks in the composition.

My thought in keeping a steady pace on these will be to set a goal of the following:

January = A & B
February = C & D
March = E & F
April = G & H
May = I & J
June = L, M, & N
July = O & P
August = Q, R, & S
September = T & U
October = V & W
November = X, Y, & Z
December = Sampler finish along side Z

This is of course just a guideline please work at your own pace.  I know there are many just starting and many already done with the current designs out.  Brooke does intend on getting this finished quickly so you will not be waiting until August =)

I thought I'd share my work on this project.  Now that I have it out I'm going to whip out O. 



I bought this little hanger for mine.  I'm going to finish it into a wall hanging.


I'm looking forward to seeing all your progress!!!  Happy Stitching!  Meagan

6 comments:

  1. That is the cutest hanger -- where ever did you find it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a cute hanger. I am looking forward to starting this SAL. I just need to kit up the threads and cut my fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK I am starting today. This is my first SAL. I am using 18 ct Antique White aida. Deb-- FL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I am happy to join you for this SAL. I began this ABC's lonely and it's sad... I'm a french woman and I understand english well but to write ;-( Christine

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm finally getting back after my Holiday hiatus from the computer and am excited to start this SAL. Now if only I could find the time to go shopping for the fabric! I'm curious though as to what plans everyone has for the finished product? (wall hanging, pillows, etc)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your work is wonderful! I wish I could join in with this, but probably won't have time this year. Maybe I'll join in later.

    ReplyDelete